Wednesday, August 6, 2014

personal style


I'm editing a new fashion post but in the mean time I thought I'd show some of my past outfits. (I was much better looking last year, I know.) since I got an instagram I've been obsessed with ootd photos because putting together a good look is one of the few things I'm really good at. I've never understood how people can stick to one style. my favorite thing about fashion is that it helps me become whatever/whoever I want to be that day. (angel in disguise, get it?) it's so wild going out every day and seeing the vast array of reactions I get according to what I'm wearing. try something new today! 



my go to outfit generally consists of a vintage Harley Davidson tee, boots, and some sort of printed bottom. I'm obsessed with mixing prints and find that pairing a graphic tee with something complementary in color is the easiest way to do it. 

hat: forever 21
tee: ebay
dress: goodwill
boots: jeffrey campbell coltrane


when I dress up I go for an updated hippie look. or is that what bohemian means? whatever. messy hair, earthy tones, nice fabrics, layers, and always always a big ass pair of heels. (can you tell I'm a jeffrey campbell fan yet?) 

kimono: forever 21
dress: forever 21
shoes: jeffrey campbell lita



occasionally, I will show my super soft and girly side wearing lots of pinks and florals without a vintage t-shirt or leather jacket to toughen it up. i get a lot of inspiration from movies so these looks are usually inspired by andie in pretty in pink. or maybe just molly ringwald. 

cardigan: goodwill
shirt: urban outfitters
skirt: american apparel
socks: karmaloop
shoes: jeffrey campbell x urban outfitters daisy cutout lita



my casual wear is all over the place. I try to avoid repeating outfits by buying things I can mix and match with a little bit of everything. I mainly shop at urban outfitters, h&m, american apparel, etsy, eBay, and thrifting. I like forever 21 for trendy pieces and when I need to get a good haul. I end up modifying a lot of things I buy. look forward to DIY posts in the near future! 

left to right: 
top: forever 21
shorts: goodwill
socks: urban outfitters 
shoes: jeffrey campbell coltrane

sunglasses: urban outfitters
top: forever 21
shorts: urban outfitters 
shoes: jeffrey campbell lita

hat: forever 21
top: forever 21
skirt: h&m
shoes: jeffrey campbell damsel cross





No comments:

Post a Comment